I'm shocked that I'm already into my third and last week of my placement at GAP! Time has flown so quickly so i must be having a great time! Today was super busy doing lots of little tasks! The first thing was spending some time in the Childrenswear department checking tags on the tills to see weather they are included in the promo. I did put tags on some of the garments last week but all we had then was a list of the bar-codes and it was a matter of matching the codes. This was a lot easier but had to be done quickly before the store opened.
After tagging i was asked to re-organize the sale as it was really jumbled up and messy, i also had to sort it out in to colours. The photo i took was later on in the day so it looks messy already which happens really quickly. It must be really annoying for people who work there and have to sort everything out into a lovely layout to have it riffled through. I am always trying to keep it all tidy and neat as no one really wants to see clothes everywhere!
After tagging i was asked to re-organize the sale as it was really jumbled up and messy, i also had to sort it out in to colours. The photo i took was later on in the day so it looks messy already which happens really quickly. It must be really annoying for people who work there and have to sort everything out into a lovely layout to have it riffled through. I am always trying to keep it all tidy and neat as no one really wants to see clothes everywhere!
I was then asked to set up a display at the front of the store, this was for the GAP Loves stands which is the stores bestsellers for men and women placed at the front of the store on breezeblocks. I got asked to place the wooden breezeblocks at the front - which i got a splinter from (the injuries from VM Jobs!). I then dressed and styled the mannequins going on the blocks, I choose the beige mac as it is really popular and looks great on the mannequin. I then also had to place racks behind the mannequins with the products shown in front of them. This makes it easier for the customer to find the items in store!
The afternoon was very slow with lot's of little jobs. We spent most of the afternoon replenishing stock which isn't very fun but it gets you to know the stock abit better and where it's located in the store. Especially when you have to wander round the shop finding one item that may or may not need re-stocking. If the rail is full we have to send it back and backstock it. I also had to dismantle some racks to make room for others for seasonal offer rails.





No comments:
Post a Comment